On 18 April 2014, Commercial Real Estate Week CREW-2014, the first and only large networking platform that gathered the representatives of more than 200 commercial real estate companies of Kazakhstan, concluded its work.
Business program of CREW-2014 included speech of foreign and local experts, an exhibition of active players in commercial real estate market, conferences and seminars where participants, experts and guests could share experience, discuss main trends and processes taking place in the industry.
Participants: Building companies, management companies, architecture and design offices, retailers, investors, developers, cleaning companies, franchisers, design companies and other players of the commercial real estate market.
Thematic workshops of CREW 2014:
Design of Commercial Real Estate Projects:
- A conceptual workshop where participants discussed the most relevant issue of the economy of architecture (architecture that meets the goals and objectives of the developer, including construction and further management).
- Best practices of Kazakhstani design engineers.
Construction of Commercial Real Estate Projects:
- A fundamental session where participants discussed concerns, emphasis and nuances of construction of commercial real estate projects.
- Kazakhstan speakers shared their experience in dealing with personnel shortage in construction.
Management of Commercial Real Estate Projects:
- A workshop focused on the role of a management company, in the format of interaction with an owner, discussion of MC’s effectiveness evaluation and its replace.
- Master class from the foreign speaker on opening of a commercial real estate project, all nuances of grand and technical opening, and cases of successful events on project opening.
Operation and Maintenance of Commercial Real Estate Projects:
- A specialized workshop where participants discussed issues concerning management of the project’s infrastructure, its sanitary maintenance, and security assurance.
- Master class on establishment and management of successful maintenance company.
- Representatives of Kazakhstani service companies described the peculiarities of buildings’ maintenance under local conditions.
The official award ceremony of CRE AWARDS was held in the framework of CREW 2014. MEGA Astana (Mega Management Company) was awarded in the nomination “Best Retail Real Estate. Audience Choice Award”. The winner in the nomination “Best Office Real Estate” became Park View Office Tower, a business center of Class A (Global Development, Almaty).